Drew Ford Site

A downtown automobile business site from La Mesa's early car culture.

Drew Ford Site

Plaque 8

Original Drew Ford Site/La Mesa Boulevard, 1958

Elmer Drew opened his first automobile repair shop on this site in 1927. In 1934 Elmer obtained the local Ford Motor Company dealership. Shortly after World War II Drew improved this property with a modern showroom and sales lot. In 1967 Drew Ford moved to a larger location adjacent to Interstate 8 where this long-standing commercial institution operated until 2014.

History plaques are a community service partnership between Rotary Club of La Mesa and La Mesa Historical Society.


Year: 1927
Address: 8390 La Mesa Blvd

{
  "id": 8,
  "title": "Drew Ford Site",
  "year": "1927",
  "address": "8390 La Mesa Blvd",
  "latitude": 32.7657898,
  "longitude": -117.0172828,
  "summary": "A downtown automobile business site from La Mesa's early car culture.",
  "detail": "Elmer Drew opened his first automobile repair shop on this site in 1927. In 1934 Elmer obtained the local Ford Motor Company dealership. Shortly after World War II Drew improved this property with a modern showroom and sales lot. In 1967 Drew Ford moved to a larger location adjacent to Interstate 8 where this long-standing commercial institution operated until 2014."
}