La Mesa Lemon Co. Store
A reminder of La Mesa's agricultural roots and the lemon industry that shaped the village.
Plaque 2
La Mesa Lemon Company Store, c 1895
Opened adjacent to the La Mesa Springs rail station in 1895, the Lemon Company's impressive building was the first to supply local settlers and ranchers. La Mesa's oldest standing commercial building, it was expanded south in 1912. Charter La Mesa Rotary Club member Lawrence Washburn remodeled the building for the city's first Ford automobile dealership in 1923.
History plaques are a community service partnership between Rotary Club of La Mesa and La Mesa Historical Society.
Year: 1895/1912
Address: 8241 La Mesa Blvd
{
"id": 2,
"title": "La Mesa Lemon Co. Store",
"year": "1895/1912",
"address": "8241 La Mesa Blvd",
"latitude": 32.7642077,
"longitude": -117.020505,
"summary": "A reminder of La Mesa's agricultural roots and the lemon industry that shaped the village.",
"detail": "Opened adjacent to the La Mesa Springs rail station in 1895, the Lemon Company's impressive building was the first to supply local settlers and ranchers. La Mesa's oldest standing commercial building, it was expanded south in 1912. Charter La Mesa Rotary Club member Lawrence Washburn remodeled the building for the city's first Ford automobile dealership in 1923."
}